Our school was last inspected in September 2017.
We are 'a good school'.
Here are some of the highlights from the report:
- Brook Primary willingly takes in pupils from across Dudley and prepares them well for their futures. As a result, it makes a real difference to pupils’ lives.
- Pupils achieve well across the school. All groups of pupils make good progress and achieve well in reading, writing and mathematics. Any pupils who fall behind are given additional support to help them quickly catch up.
- Pupils are polite and helpful. They behave well and are safe and secure at school.
- Pupils have positive attitudes to school and to learning. Their behaviour is at least good and often excellent.
- Pupils’ spiritual, moral social and cultural development is promoted well through assemblies, visits and the wide range of curriculum topics.
- Pupils now have many opportunities to take responsibility and make choice and decisions about their learning.
- The school is effectively led.
- The governing body provides effective direction to the school.
- Teaching assistants play a valuable role in supporting learning.
- Attendance across the school has improved.
- The school manages the successful breakfast club and the ‘before-and-after’ school clubs well.
- Relationships with parents are very good. During the inspection, many parent were eager to tell inspectors about their children’s positive experiences at the school.
The full report from the inspection can be read below.
We had a one day inspection of behaviour in May 2015 where we were judged to be maintaining the high standards found at the previous full inspection in 2013. The letter stating this can be read below.
You can now share your views on our school via Ofsted's Parent View website. By sharing your views, Ofsted hopes you'll be helping the school to improve. You will also be able to see what other parents have said about us.