About Brook Primary School?
Number on roll for 2019/20 - 385 children.
Number of classes - 14 from Reception to Year 6.
Classes per year group - 2.
Annual intake - 60 pupils per year.
- Early Years - Pre-School and Reception classes Lead Teacher - Mrs S Waterworth (currently on maternity leave)
- Key Stage 1 - Year 1 and 2 Lead Teacher - Miss R Adams
- Key Stage 2 - Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 Lead Teachers - Mrs J Blomfield and Miss H Didlock
Pupils with Special Educational Needs - 15% of the school population.
Pupils with access to pupil premium grant - 18% of school population
Name of Pre-School - Brook Butterflies.
Pre-School (under governor control) - 52 places which consist of mixed 30 hour and 15 hour places.
- Current roll - 58.
- Ages accepted - rising 3 and 4 year olds.
- Intakes in September, January and April, in year admission accepted when places are available.
Childcare - Brook Buddies - Providing a breakfast club starting 8am, after school club until 5.45pm. Daycare is now provided by Brook Butterflies costing £3.50 per hour.
Butterfly Babies Parent and Toddler Group (Wednesday 9-11am Stay and Play - soft play in the school hall).
Brook Primary School was established in 1872 on the corner of Brook Street and Camp Hill, the A491. In 1936 its current site was opened as Audnam Secondary School.
In the 1970s the secondary school moved to Buckpool - now The Wordsley School - and our school moved to its present home.
Having been a secondary school, the accommodation boasts larger classrooms and with an extensive modernisation and refurbishment programme now provides excellent facilities for early 21st century education.
Today's Brook Primary School also prides itself on providing high quality education and care for children of all abilities. This is endorsed by our September 2017 Ofsted Inspection grading us as a 'good school'.