About Brook Primary School?
Number on roll for 2017/18 - 383 children.
Number of classes - 14 from Reception to Year 6.
Classes per year group - 2.
Annual intake - 60 pupils per year.
- Early Years - Pre-School and Reception classes Lead Teacher - Ms S Beddall
- Key Stage 1 - Year 1 and 2 Lead Teacher - Miss R Adams
- Lower Key Stage 2 - Years 3 and 4 Lead Teacher - Mrs J Blomfield
- Upper Key Stage 2 - Years 5 and 6 Lead Teacher - Miss H Didlock
Pupils with Special Educational Needs - 19% of the school population.
- Brook Bears - Nurture groups for welfare support and teaching assistants supporting pupils in class and implementing individual education plans.
- Reading recovery.
- Precision Teaching.
- Specialist interventions with appropriate professional staff eg. educational psychology counselling, physiotherapy, speech therapy.
- Personal Learning Plan sessions.
Name of Pre-School - Brook Butterflies.
Pre-School (under governor control) - 60 part time places and 20 full time places.
- Current roll - 54.
- Ages accepted - rising 3 and 4 year olds.
- Intakes in September, January and April, in year admission accepted when places are available.
Childcare - Brook Buddies - Providing a breakfast club starting 8am, after school club until 5.45pm. Daycare is now provided by Brook Butterflies costing £3.50 per hour.
Butterfly Babies Parent and Toddler Group (Wednesday 9-11am Stay and Play - Tuesday 9-11am soft play in the school hall).
Brook Primary School was established in 1872 on the corner of Brook Street and Camp Hill, the A491. In 1936 its current site was opened as Audnam Secondary School.
In the 1970s the secondary school moved to Buckpool - now The Wordsley School - and our school moved to its present home.
Having been a secondary school, the accommodation boasts larger classrooms and with an extensive modernisation and refurbishment programme now provides excellent facilities for early 21st century education.
Today's Brook Primary School also prides itself on providing high quality education and care for children of all abilities. This is endorsed by our April 2013 Ofsted Inspection grading us as a 'good school'.